September 13, 2023
A person with attractive teeth is perceived as youthful, confident, and successful. Unfortunately, not everyone has perfect teeth naturally. Not to mention, your teeth can show signs of wear and tear over time. You can ensure your smile is giving the right impression with cosmetic dentistry. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly safe for most patients. Here’s what you need to know to turn the smile of your dreams into reality.
Candidates for Cosmetic Dentistry
Most people with good oral and general health are candidates for cosmetic dentistry. Your dentist will examine your mouth to look for anything concerning, like tooth decay or gum disease. Your teeth and gums must be healthy before any elective services. It’s not unusual to require a little prep work, like a dental cleaning.
Your dentist will also learn more about your medical history and any medications you’re taking. After discussing your goals, they’ll create a personalized treatment plan with your safety as their primary focus. Generally, cosmetic dentistry is recommended to improve:
- Stains and discoloration
- Chips, breaks, or fractures
- Abnormally shaped teeth
- Gaps or alignment issues
- Old metal restorations
- Missing teeth
Common Cosmetic Procedures
You have more options than ever before to revamp your pearly whites. Your dentist will discuss which solutions are right for you, which may include:
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers can correct many issues at once using a minimally invasive procedure. Bonding veneers to the front sides of the teeth visible when smiling can resolve stains, chips, gaps, and more. After just 2 appointments, you can have dazzling results that can last for a decade or longer.
- Metal-Free Dental Restoration: Tooth-colored materials are used for fillings or crowns to create natural-looking results. They will blend in with your real teeth, so no one will know they are there.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: A composite resin can fix minor imperfections after just one appointment. It is shaded to the color of your enamel to look like part of your tooth structure. It’s an affordable, effective solution to achieve noticeable improvement.
- Teeth Whitening: Surface and age-related discoloration can be improved by up to 8 shades using an in-office or take-home whitening kit. Your smile can stay bright and beautiful for many months or years with the correct care, like brushing and flossing.
You can’t put a price on the benefits of an attractive smile. You can boost your self-esteem and ensure your smile is sending the right message with the help of a cosmetic dentist.
About Dr. Alex R. Goodman
Dr. Goodman earned his dental degree from the University of Alabama at the Birmingham School of Dentistry and has regularly continued his education to provide up-to-date services. He has been voted a Top 5 Dentist in Columbia by the Daily Herald. If you’re ready to invest in a stunning smile, choose a dentist with the qualifications and reputation you can trust. Request an appointment through his website or call (931) 388-4315.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.